Whether people shop for shoes in stores or online, the importance of getting the right shoe size is crucial in protecting the feet. Blisters and bunions may develop while wearing shoes that are too tight, and a loss of balance may happen if shoes that are worn are too large. The majority of shoe stores have an effective tool that can accurately measure shoe sizes, and this is referred to as a Brannock device. People who would prefer to measure their feet at home can stand on a sheet of paper while wearing the socks that are normally worn. This is followed by tracing the length and width of the foot, and the right shoe size can be determined by using a conversion chart. When it is time to purchase shoes, it is beneficial to try them on and walk in them for several minutes in the store. This can help to determine if there is adequate room in the toe area. If you would like more information about how to get your right shoe size, it is suggested that you speak with a podiatrist who is an expert in matters of the feet.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of one of the podiatrists from JE Foot & Ankle Associates. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our offices located in Fleming Island and Palm Coast, FL . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.